CJI Seeks Dynamic Leaders in 2023!
We are an independent, nonpartisan, statewide community organization and 501(c)(3) nonprofit with an important mission to promote public trust in Colorado's courts (click here for full mission statement).
If our mission appeals to you, please consider joining CJI's board of directors, a dynamic and diverse group of community and business leaders, attorneys, and judges.
- A wide array of community and business leaders from diverse professions.
- Candidates from all over Colorado, from the Western Slope to the Front Range to the Eastern Plains.
- Diversity factors including gender, race/ethnicity, LGBTQ, age, areas of expertise, and points of view.
- As part of CJI's ongoing efforts to reach beyond the legal community and ensure we represent all of Colorado, we particularly encourage applications from non-attorneys.
Candidates for CJI's board should demonstrate:
- Genuine interest in CJI's mission.
- Commitment and capacity to participate in six board meetings per year and actively contribute to committee work.
- Attendance at CJI events throughout the year.
- Commitment to serve as an ambassador for CJI.
- Financial support of CJI through personal donations and help with fund development efforts.
In return, CJI provides you:
- The satisfaction of "giving back" to a worthy cause through board and committee service.
- Opportunities for leadership.
- Networking and meaningful connections with people who share your commitment to CJI's mission.
Click on the link below for the full list of board service expectations and committee descriptions.
Board Application Timeline
- Application period: January-March 2023
- Application deadline: March 15, 2023
- Candidate interviews with CJI Nominating Committee: March-April 2023
- Candidate selection & recommendation to CJI membership: May 2023
- Election of new board members at Annual General Meeting: Tuesday May 23, 2023, 5:00-7:00pm at Holland & Hart LLP, 555 17th Street, Suite 3200, Denver, CO 80202.
Submit Application for CJI's Board
Please note, CJI board applications are no longer being accepted for 2023. Thank you for your interest.